Panopto is Duke’s enterprise platform for recording and sharing video. Many Duke instructors use Panopto to capture their lectures, accompanying slide presentations, and more. With Panopto, you can:
- Share recordings anywhere, including in Sakai courses
- Automatically import/save Zoom recordings for feature-rich reviewing/sharing
- Schedule or manually start recordings in over 150 classrooms and conference rooms
- Make recordings from anywhere from a laptop or mobile device
- Search for and jump to a keyword in a recording’s audio transcription or table of contents, or navigate via thumbnails through an accompanying slide presentation
For details about Duke’s Panopto service (upgraded in July 2021), see Features of Panopto's Cloud Service.
All Duke faculty, staff and students with a valid NetID can use Panopto.
Note to faculty/instructors: To integrate Panopto into a classroom to support scheduled recordings, the requesting department must purchase the required hardware. To make a request, contact your local IT or AV support department.
- Faculty and staff - Your school or department’s local IT group supports Duke’s Panopto service; contact them with questions and issues.
- Students - Use Panopto for coursework, co-curricular projects, or any other Duke-related activity. When you log in, your account is automatically created.
For documentation, see Related Help Articles below.
For IT Support Staff
For help providing support to users in your department or school, see Panopto Administration Documentation under Related Help Articles, below.
To request a consultation regarding AV equipment that supports Panopto, contact the OIT Service Desk.