Email and Calendar
Microsoft Office 365 is a cloud service provider used mainly for email and calendaring (see also Microsoft Teams). Duke faculty, staff, and students are automatically provided Office 365 accounts.
Office 365 features include:
- Mailbox sizes of 100GB for users
- Unified email and calendaring across the university and health system
- Web and client applications for accessing mailboxes
- Modern calendaring system
The default address for Office 365 users is set to a user’s preferred email address; in most cases, this is the user’s email alias. You can change your preferred email address to use a different email address (i.e. email@example.com) or modify your alias to your preference (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org instead of email@example.com) by visiting the OIT account self-service tool.
- Sponsored Accounts: Guest account request email
- Office 365: Forward email as attachment
- Directory: Change your preferred email address
- Office 365: Set up email forwarding (University Only)
- Microsoft 365: Archive email through Outlook 265/Outlook 2019 for Windows
- Microsoft 365: Managing junk email from Microsoft 365 OWA (Outlook on the Web)
- Email forwarding: Limitations on reliability