Duke’s license for Symantec Endpoint Protection software is coming to an end and the software must now be removed. Please work with your local IT support or uninstall the software yourself.
If you are Duke faculty, staff, student, or an affiliate, you have access to many software packages through Duke Software Licensing. Duke negotiates with vendors to make software available to the Duke community for discounted rates or, in many cases, for free. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please e-mail the software licensing office at email@example.com.
New Software Evaluation Requests
You may submit requests for software used in academics, research, or IT operations to be evaluated by OIT for central licensing and/or distribution.
Software funded and/or distributed by OIT must meet several of the following criteria:
- Current Duke spending for the product exceeds the cost of a central license to cover all use;
- The product offers great value to a large portion of the Duke community, and is not overly specialized;
- There are not existing Duke-licensed or free products that offer the same functionality;
- There are significant pricing discounts available for central licensing;
- The product is free, or the full cost can be recovered by departmental funding or individual resale.
This form is for new product requests.