Google Workspace is a productivity and collaboration suite. It is offered to Duke University faculty, staff and students. Duke Health is not included and Duke Health employees are not eligible.
More information: https://oit.duke.edu/what-we-do/applications/google-workspace
- Gmail and Calendar are not provided in Duke's Google Workspace. Microsoft 365 is Duke's official tool for electronic mail and calendaring.
- Duke offers access to Google Workspace for storing and collaborating with Duke data and content. Personal, consumer accounts with Google should not be used to store and collaborate with Duke data.
- Box and Microsoft 365 are the primary collaboration suites for students, faculty and staff.
- Duke's Google Workspace is not for backups, archives, and long-term storage and cannot support large datasets. User quotas are more limited in Google Workspace than in our primary collaboration suites.
- Google Workspace may not be used to store, transmit or share any protected health information (PHI) or export controlled data.
Article number: KB0034753
Valid to: September 14, 2024