OIT Service Desk Technology Loans
The OIT Walkup Desk (The Link) is open by appointment only, please read details below.
- Students, faculty, and staff can rent equipment by clicking here to schedule an appointment to visit our office.
- Enter Perkins Library by using the Perkins/Bostock breezeway entrance.
- When you arrive, let the security guard know that you have an appointment with the OIT Walkup Desk.
- Please note you will be required to wear a mask during your visit to receive service.
Do these two things before arriving for your appointment:
- Verify you received a confirmation email.
- Bring your Dukecard: You will need it to verify your appointment with the security guard and to check out equipment.
You can reserve your rental equipment online by clicking the Equipment Check-Out button below.
Before you pick up your rental equipment ordered online, make an appointment using the button above.
- High Definition Video Camera
- Digital Voice Recorder
- Shotgun Mic
- Phone Charger
- Laptop Charger (Mac, Dell, Lenovo)
- USB-C Cable (USB and HDMI adapters)
- USB Headphones
- Headphones (1/8 in.)
- iPad Mini 4
- TI-84 Plus CE
- GoPro Hero 5
- GoPro Hero 7
- Handheld Projector
Premium equipment kits are also available in limited supply for more advanced needs. These kits include extra parts and equipment beyond the base equipment model.
- GoPro Hero 5 Recording Kit
- DSLR Camera Kit
- Google ChromeBooks
OIT supports loan circulation and technical-assistance, however additional training, setup, on-site support, data management, and other services are provided at the discretion of OIT and not guaranteed.
Equipment Loaner Rules
Equipment is loaned on a no-cost basis, though fees for losses, damages, and late returns may apply. OIT analysts at the Link are available during all open hours to answer your questions about equipment and policies. You may also contact the Service Desk at oit.duke.edu/help.
Equipment is loaned on a first-come-first-served basis and is not currently available for reservation. While OIT strives to meet needs on equipment loans, stock/availability is not always guaranteed.
More information about the Link, equipment, and TTS / Classroom services can be found at https://link.duke.edu/about-link.
*Staff may be required to provide a fund code for premium kits.