Common Telephone Features (Digital)
Duke has selected and standardized on Cisco’s enterprise VoIP telephone platform. This feature rich and flexible platform allows users to easily communicate between internal and external users across the Duke network.
Digital Voice Service
Digital VoIP telephones allow users to accept and place multiple calls using a single telephone number. Select digital VoIP telephone models allow users to handle multiple telephone numbers that appear and ring on a single device making it easier to process calls.
Click Here for Quick Start User Guide
Common Telephone Features (Digital)
- While on an active call, depress the soft key labeled “Hold”. Your call is now on hold.
- To retrieve the call, depress the “Resume” soft key.
- While on an active call, depress the “Transfer” soft key. The call is now on hold and a second dial tone appears on your screen.
- Dial the seven or ten digit phone number you wish to transfer to, then press “Transfer” to complete the transfer process.
Transfer to Voice Mail
- You can transfer any active call directly into a user’s voice mail box.
- While on an active call depress the “Transfer” soft key. The call is now on hold and a second dial tone appears on your screen.
- Depress the “*” key and enter the seven digit number of the mailbox you wish to transfer the caller to, then press “Transfer” again to complete the call.
- Your Cisco phone allows you to create a ten party conference call (yourself and nine others).
- While on an active call, depress the “More” soft key.
- Depress the “Confrn” soft key. Your first call is now on hold and a second dial tone appears on your screen.
- Dial the seven or ten digit number you wish to add into the conference, then press “Confrn” again to complete the conference process.
- Repeat these steps to add additional callers.
Call Forward ALL
- The call forward all feature allows users to forward ALL incoming calls to either a seven or ten digit number from your primary line only (first button on your phone). Note: You can forward directly to your voice mail by depressing “CFwdALL”, then the “Messages” hard key
- With handset in cradle depress the “CFwdALL” soft key, then enter the seven or ten digit number you wish to forward to.
- Phone will display “Forwarded to XXX-XXX-XXXX" when call forwarding is enabled
- To deactivate, simply depress “CFwdALL” soft key with handset in cradle.
- Call park and park retrieve allows users to “park” a call to a system generated four digit extension. Parked calls can be retrieved by going to any Cisco phone and dialing the four digit extension where the call is parked. A parked call will stay parked for two minutes. If the call is not retrieved within two minutes, the call is returned to the phone where the call was parked.
Park a Call
- While on an active call depress, the “More” softkey, then depress the “Park” soft key. The call is now parked at a four digit extension displayed at the bottom of your phone.
- With the handset in-cradle, dial the four digit extension where the call is parked and the call is retrieved to your phone.
Phone Page (SA Announce)
- This feature (if programmed on your phone) allows users to place a one-way page using the built-in speaker in the phone. When a phone page is initiated, programmed phone speakers activate and your announcement is broadcast to all phones within a programmed group.
- With the handset in cradle, dial “22#”, then pick up the handset to make your announcement and hang up when complete.
*(NOTE) – IF YOU PLACE A CALL ON HOLD & NEED TO PAGE, YOU MUST PICK UP THE HANDSET FIRST, THEN DIAL “22#”
Article number: KB0032637
Valid to: November 13, 2024