Adding your DukeCard to Google Pay on Your Android Device
Open the Transact eAccounts app on your Android device (Version 5.0 or later). You will be asked for your NetID and password, and then to complete Multifactor Authentication during login. You must log-in and complete MFA authentication each time you need to present your DukeCard on your Android device.
To add your credential to your device:
- Open eAccounts and click through the startup screens.
- Tap “Get Started”.
- Search for Duke University and click through to the Duke login screen.
- Enter your NetID and password to authenticate your device; complete Multifactor Authentication.
- Once you have successfully authenticated in Transact eAccounts, click the "Add to Google Pay" button to add your DukeCard to Google Pay.
- Continue through the prompts ("Next", "Accept the Duke University Terms & Conditions").
- Next, "Accept the Google Pay Terms of Service".
- The next screen will confirm that your DukeCard has been added to Google Pay.
- The default access mode is Automatic; do not change this setting.
You should see your DukeCard image, name and affiliation (e.g. faculty, staff, student, etc.), and issue/expire dates on your DukeCard Campus ID. Tap the information icon in the top right corner to view the card back where you will see the last 4 digits of your mobile credential card number and Terms & Conditions.
Close your Campus ID. Within the Transact eAccounts app, you will see your account balances and board plans (students only). Tap any account to see account balance and transaction activity. Tap the"View in Google Pay" icon to display your DukeCard.
To use your DukeCard on your Android device your phone screen must be awake. Tap the power button to wake the screen and tap your phone against the reader. Hold the middle of the phone near the top of the reader. Antenna location may vary by device and you may have to adjust the orientation of your phone against the reader to have your mobile credential recognized.
If any information on your DukeCard on your Android device does not appear correctly, contact the OIT Service Desk at (919) 684-2200 or visit the Service Desk Help Page to chat with a representative or submit a ticket.