VPN: client for Android devices
The OpenConnect VPN client for Android devices is not supported by OIT thus no support other than this article can be provided. Use at your own risk.
The service desk has found this client works the best for connectivity.
The supported Cisco AnyConnect app is available at the Google Play store. See this article for instructions.
- Download the OpenConnect client via the Google Play Store
- Add the account by clicking the + on the top right of the dialog box
- Add the VPN server information (portal.duke.edu) and click OK.
- Click back after clicking OK to go to the profile screen and click the DUKE Profile
- When the Connection Request prompt populates simply click OK
- Click on the dropdown for group and choose the appropriate group for you. Enter your NetID and password. Choose if you would like the client to remember your password and click OK.
- Enter your MFA option in the response field in order to connect to the Duke VPN
- You are connected to Duke when you see the 'Connected to DUKE' and the server name is a 152.3.x.x. address.
Once again, as the OpenConnect client is not supported by OIT, any further assistance will need to come from the vendor.
If you successfully connect to the VPN client and need assistance accessing resources, see contact info below:
If you need further assistance, contact your local IT support group/person
You can also contact your appropriate Service Desk:
University Users: OIT Service Desk - 919 684 2200
Duke Medicine Users: DHTS Service Desk - 919 684 2243
Article number: KB0018012
Valid to: September 22, 2024