MFA: Set up Duo on an Android
You can use the Duo app on your Android device to authenticate to Duke sites.You will need access to a web browser on a computer so you can log in to the multi-factor authentication site and display a required barcode (QR code) to scan with your device.
To register your device for multi-factor authentication, do the following:
- Log into the multi-factor authentication site.
- Under Manage Devices, select Add a smartphone or tablet.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. A barcode (QR code) will be displayed; you'll use this to register your mobile device with Duo. See below.
Visit the App Store and download and install the Duo Mobile app, then create an account in Duo. Do the following:
- Open the app. The License Agreement appears.
- Click Accept.
- Click Add Account.
- Using your mobile device, scan the barcode displayed on your computer.
If you need assistance, contact:
University: OIT Service Desk, 919-684-2200
Duke Medicine: DHTS Service Desk, 919-684-2243