Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365): Configuring in iOS (iPhone, iPad)
Microsoft 365 is a shared service used by Duke University and Health System. Documentation for this service covers the needs of all Duke users.
Note: Duke Health users accessing Microsoft 365 from a mobile device must enroll in Mobile Device Manager (Airwatch).
You can add your Microsoft 365 account to your device's native Mail/Calendar apps using the instructions below. However, we recommend using the Microsoft Outlook app, available from the App Store.
This article reflects the experience in iOS version 14.3.
Creating a new account
To create a new Microsoft 365 account on your iOS device, do the following:
1. Open Settings and select Mail.
2. In the Mail screen, select Accounts.
3. In the Accounts screen, select Add Account.
4. In the Add Account screen, select Microsoft Exchange.
5. In the Exchange screen, enter your Duke email address. and select Next. A message appears.
6. Select Sign In. A Microsoft screen appears. If prompted, select Work or school account. The Duke Log In screen appears.
Important: If you do not see the Duke Log In page, the app was unable to authenticate using Shibboleth and may not support Modern Authentication. To resolve this, update your device's operating system (if not already up to date). If the Duke Log In page still isn't displayed, consider using the Microsoft Outlook app.
7. Enter your NetID and password, authenticate using multi-factor authentication, and select Log In. In the next screen, select which apps to configure for Microsoft 365 (Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, and Notes). Select Save. The account is added.
OIT Service Desk: 919 684 2200
DHTS Service Desk: 919 684 2243
Article number: KB0014573
Valid to: February 7, 2024