Google Workspace - How to know if you have existing data
How to tell if you have existing data in Google Workspace (G Suite)
Duke does not provide Gmail or Google Calendar. If use either of these with an account that has your Duke email address associated with it, you need to remove that association before importing that account into the Duke environment as we CANNOT get the Gmail or Google Calendar data out once the Duke account has been created or imported.
To see if you already have data in Google, please do the following:
- Go to https://myaccount.google.com/
- If you are already signed into a Google account, sign out.
- Click on the profile icon in the upper right corner. A menu appears.
- Click "Sign out" or "Sign out of all accounts".
- Sign into your Google account again. Be sure to use your firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may need to select "Use another account" when signing in to ensure you have the opportunity to use your email@example.com.
- Once you've signed in, go to https://myaccount.google.com/dashboard.
From here you can see what data you may already have in your Google account.
Article number: KB0033872
Valid to: September 14, 2024