Moving Recordings from Zoom to Panopto or Warpwire for Streaming
Zoom allows you to store recordings on your computer or in the cloud. Zoom is not intended for long-term or permanent storage. Review your recordings frequently and delete or move them to another location.
- For an academic-related recording you intend to stream, move it to Panopto.
- For a non-academic recording you need to stream, move it to Warpwire.
- If you have enabled integration between Zoom and Warpwire, your recordings have been automatically moved to Warpwire. Delete the original recordings from Zoom.
- If you have shared a link to your Zoom recording with others, advise them of the new Panopto or Warpwire link.
Downloading and deleting recordings
To download and delete a Zoom recording, do the following:
- Log in to Zoom.
- In the left sidebar, select Recordings. Cloud Recordings are displayed.
- Beside the desired recording, click More, and select Download. The recording is downloaded. (Recordings may contain two or more separate files.)
- Select the recording and click Delete Selected.
Uploading a recording to Panopto
OIT maintains a list of Duke units that use Panopto. If your unit do not have access to Panopto, visit http://li.capture.duke.edu. Log in with your NetID to create an account, then follow the instructions below. If you need assistance, contact Learning Innovation or your Site Administrator.
To upload a recording to Panopto, do the following:
- Log in to Panopto.
- Select the desired folder, or in the Create list, select New Folder. Name the folder and set the Share permissions (by course or NetID).
- In the Create list, select Upload media.
- Select the desired file. The file is uploaded.
- (Optional) Add automatic speech recognition captions on a video.
Uploading a recording to Warpwire
To upload a recording to Warpwire, do the following:
- Log into Warpwire.
- Click + to create a Media Library.
- Provide a title and click Create.
- Click the ellipsis (…) icon and select Share. Share the Media Library for a group (course) or specific users (NetID).
- Click + and select Upload Files.
- Select the desired file and click Start Uploading. The file is uploaded.
Note: If you’ve captured a transcript in Zoom, download it, delete it from Zoom, then upload it to Warpwire.