Using Office 365's 'Bookings with me' formerly Personal Bookings
Please note that 'Bookings with me' is NOT the same as Microsoft Bookings. 'Bookings with me' works only with your personal calendar while Microsoft Bookings is designed for team or departmental use. For details on Microsoft Bookings see: KB0031685.
Staff, Faculty, and Affiliates can go here to request 'Bookings with me'. Note that you need a Bookings license to access 'Bookings with Me'.
'Bookings with me' in Outlook is a web-based personal scheduling page that integrates with the free/busy information from your Outlook calendar. 'Bookings with me' lets people schedule a meeting or appointment with you. You can create custom meeting types to share with others so they can easily schedule time with you based on your availability and preferences. You both get an email confirmation and attendees can update or cancel scheduled meetings with you from your 'Bookings with me' page.
'Bookings with me' is available worldwide in preview. Features included in preview might not be complete and could undergo changes before becoming available in the public release.
Bookings with me has two different views:
- Organizer view A personal booking page where you can create meeting types that others can book with you. Custom meeting types give you the ability to customize when you want to meet and how that meeting type is shared with others. You control whether each meeting type is public to your scheduling page or is private and can only be accessed by a select group of people. You can also choose to add a Teams meeting to all meetings booked through your 'Bookings with me' page. You can access your 'Bookings with me' page through Outlook on the web. After you set up your page and publish it, you can share it with others. For example, you can add it to your Outlook signature.
- Attendee view When you share your 'Bookings with me' page with others, they will see the attendee view. If the organizer has shared their 'Bookings with me' page link with you, you'll be able to see all of their public meeting types. If the organizer has shared a meeting link, you'll only be able to view that meeting.
- Public meetings can be viewed and scheduled by anyone that has your 'Bookings with me' page link. You are in control of who you share that link with. All public meeting types will be visible to anyone that has your 'Bookings with me' page link.
- Private meetings can only be viewed by people who have the link for that meeting type. The difference between public meetings and private meetings is private meetings can have different links and the links expire after 90 days. You can also set private links to expire after a one-time booking. When accessing the scheduling view for a private meeting, only that meeting type will be visible.
When to use 'Bookings with me'
'Bookings with me' is an ideal solution for enterprise, small business, and users in education to schedule 1:1 meetings with those outside and inside their organizations. Below are a few examples of how you can use 'Bookings with me'.
- Schedule interviews with external candidates
- Set up customer and client meetings
- Schedule tech support
- Set up office hours
- Set up mentoring hours
- 1:1 meetings with direct reports
- Lunch and coffee breaks
Frequently asked questions
How do I add a Zoom meeting to a meeting?
Copy the meeting URL and paste it into the location field of the meeting type. Be sure to turn off the Teams meeting slider.
What is the difference between Bookings and 'Bookings with me'?
'Bookings with me' integrates with your Outlook calendar and can only be used for 1:1 meetings. 'Bookings with me' is intended for scheduling meeting times with individual users. Bookings is intended for managing scheduling for a group of people.
Also, 'Bookings with me' won't create a new mailbox for each Bookings with me page.
'Why is Bookings' with me in preview?
'Bookings with me' is in preview for all enterprise users worldwide. Microsoft is collecting feedback and making improvements while it is being integrated into scheduling experiences in Bookings and Outlook.
Who can access my public Bookings page?
Public meeting types can be accessed by anyone that has your 'Bookings with me' page address. You decide who you share your 'Bookings with me' page address with.
What is the difference between public and private meeting types?
Meeting types can be public or private. Public meeting types are available to anyone that you share your Bookings page link with. Private meeting types are only available to people that you share the individual private meeting type with.
Private meeting types can also generate single use links. Single use links expire after their first booking.
Do people need to have a Microsoft account or Bookings license to schedule time with me?
No. Anyone can schedule time with you using your 'Bookings with me' page, even if they don’t have a Microsoft account. You need a Bookings license to create a 'Bookings with me' page.
Article number: KB0033211
Valid to: April 14, 2024