Adobe Sign: General Information and License Restrictions
License Information and Restrictions
- Location Restrictions: None
- Hardware Restrictions: None
- Affiliation Restrictions: Duke Students, Alumni, and Affiliates are not allowed/authorized to use this software under the Duke license.
Usage restrictions and best practices
- Adobe Sign at Duke should only be used using Duke credentials. Users should not sign/author anything for Duke with a personal Adobe Sign account purchased directly from the vendor or otherwise obtained outside of the Enterprise Agreement.
- Users should ensure that departments are willing to participate in e-signature for multi-departmental documents.
- Individual users and departments should follow the same document storage procedures/guidelines already in place within their individual departments for signed paper documents. We recommend using the current Duke-approved storage methods for the storage of forms and signed documents (Adobe Sign, Box, departmental drives etc.) already in place.
- Document retention policies should remain the same and it would be the department’s responsibility to retain electronic copies like paper.
- Duke IT Security Office recommends the use of VPN while using Adobe Sign from an off-Campus location.
It is recommended that Adobe Sign should not be used in the following circumstances:
- Used with Protected Health Information (PHI) or other data of an extremely sensitive nature
- Used in conjunction with PCI/Credit card information/financial account numbers
- Used with forms containing social security numbers
- Used when a user does not have appropriate signing authority
- Used for approvals and signatures related to legally binding contracts or agreements between Duke university and external parties unless otherwise authorized to do so
To request access to Adobe Sign please visit https://software.duke.edu/node/525
Duke Health Faculty/Staff, including School of Medicine and School of Nursing, should order the "Adobe Sign Duke Health" product.
Article number: KB0032734
Valid to: February 22, 2024