How to forward a Duke phone to another number
You can forward a Duke phone number to any other number using the phone itself, Cisco’s Self Care Portal, or via Jabber.
Forwarding from the phone
Before you begin, you may wish to refer to the appropriate user guide.
To forward a Duke phone number from the phone itself, do the following:
- With the handset in the cradle, press the CFwdAll button, or the Forward All soft key.
- Enter the desired forwarding phone number.
Duke provides a web portal to manage your phone online. In order to use the portal, your phone number must be associated with your Duke NetID.
To use the portal, do the following:
- From a web browser, visit https://myphone.duke.edu
- Log in using your NetID and password to connect to your phone devices.
- In the main window click My Call Forwards
- If you have more than one number you will need to select the number you'd like to configure for call forwarding
- On the call configuration page enter a number including area code (919XXXXXXX) in the Forwarding all calls to field and click apply.
- To remove a call forward you will need to clear the number out of Forwarding all calls to field and click apply.
Note: If you are unable to login or do not see a phone number available to forward to, submit a ticket through your service desk requesting “Assign [Duke phone number] to [NetID] for https://myphone.duke.edu access.”
Forwarding using Jabber
If your phone services are enabled in Jabber, you can use Jabber to forward your phone from the desktop.
On a Mac, do the following:
- Click to select your profile. The Account Preferences window opens.
- Select the Calls tab. The Call Preferences pane opens.
- Select the Call Forward tab.
- In the list of available numbers, if the desired number is not displayed, click the plus sign.
- Enter the new number.
- In the Forward Calls To list, select the desired number. A confirmation appears at the bottom of the Jabber window.
On Windows, do the following:
- In the Jabber window, click the Call Settings icon (lower right).
- Under Forward Calls, select New number.
- In the window provided, enter the desired number.
- Click Forward.
If you’re not sure if your Jabber account’s phone services are enabled, contact your Service Desk.
Article number: KB0032667
Valid to: August 14, 2024