Cvent: Associating Guests with Contacts
Cvent includes the ability to connect contacts to each other using the Related Contacts feature. Similar to the relationships feature in DADD, this functionality connects contacts in the address book.
The benefits for configuring this for your events include the following:
- Registrants do not have to keep entering the same guest information for each event they attend. They can select from a list, making the registration process easier. Registrants can also add guests that are not on their list of related contacts.
- After an event, post-registration investigation and clean-up efforts are easier. If an existing contact registers for an event and brings guests that are related contacts in the address book, all of the information already collected about each is available to the event planner.
It is important to "close the loop" with this feature. If you do not, someone already registered as a guest could complete a separate registration. Or a registrant could be added as someone else's guest. For example, Jane Doe could register and indicate John Doe as a guest. Meanwhile, John is unaware of Jane's actions and registers himself adding Jane as his guest.
Follow these steps to enable the Related Contacts functionality.
- Go to Registration -> Registration Process > Open Site Designer or click Customize for the page you wish to edit (this will also open Site Designer).
- Drag the Guest Registration element into a registration page.
- Enable the option Invitees can select guests from their Related Contacts.
- Disable the option Accepted registrants can be added as guests and registrant's guests can register on their own.
- Click the Gear icon by the default Registration Path.
- In the Privacy Settings section, enable the option Autofill the registrant's if they arrive from a public weblink. This allows the related contacts option to be displayed once the registrant has entered their name and email address to identify themselves.
- Click Apply to save changes. NOTE: If you have multiple Registration Paths, repeat the previous steps for each path.
- You may want to customize the message users will see if someone already registered is added as a guest (or guest as a registrant). Go to Marketing -> Language Management and search for "This person is already registered for the event". There are two results:
- The result with the value of AlreadyRegistered_validation__resx is the message that appears when someone adds a guest who is already registered for the event as a primary registrant.
- The result with the value of Sub_accepted_validation__resx is the message that appears when someone is acting as a primary registrant who is already registered as a guest.
- Click the pencil icon and in the Custom Text field, enter a new message to clarify the issue.
- Click the Save (or disk) icon to save changes for each Text ID.
Article number: KB0029079
Valid to: October 16, 2024