Storing Your Zoom Meeting Recordings in Panopto
You can import your Zoom cloud recordings to Panopto by specifying a Panopto folder where the recordings will be stored. This feature only applies to future meetings (not past).
Panopto’s feature-rich environment allows users to view meeting participant video and shared content within the same window, and navigate throughout the presentation using clickable thumbnails, a searchable transcript, and optical character recognition performed on any text embedded in slides. Additionally, meeting organizers can easily share meetings with attendees and others, and track viewing of recordings using Panopto's sophisticated analytics tools.
When Panopto successfully imports a Zoom cloud recording, it moves the original to your Zoom trash. After 30 days, the recording is deleted from Zoom. The recording is governed by Panopto's retention policy, which can be found here.
Important: To use this feature, you will need to ensure that your Zoom account settings are configured as directed here. When recording a meeting, select Record to Cloud.
Importing Future Meetings Into Panopto
To import your Zoom recordings to Panopto, do the following:
- Visit Panopto Cloud at https://duke.hosted.panopto.com/ and log in. Use the NetID option in the drop-down menu.
- In the upper right, click your name and select User Settings. The User Settings window opens.
- Under Meeting Import Settings, beside Default Folder, click Edit.
- From the Choose a folder list, select My Folder. Note: If you would like to specify a different folder for your Zoom cloud recordings and need help creating one, contact your Site Administrator.
- Click Save.
Mapping Specific Meetings to Panopto Folders
You may wish to organize Zoom meeting recordings into Panopto folders. For example, you can create a Panopto folder for a recurring Zoom meeting for a course.
To map a specific Zoom meeting to a Panopto folder, do the following:
- Under Meeting Import Settings, click Add New.
- In the space provided under Meeting ID, enter the desired Zoom meeting ID.
- From the Folder Name list, select the desired folder.
- Click Save.