Are you looking for a complement to instructor-led training or cost effective just-in-time learning opportunities? Try online training.
Your primary online training resource at Duke is Lynda.com with thousands of technology training tutorials.
Other online training options include:
- DukeExtend: Open online courses.
- Qualtrics University: Qualtrics is a Web-based survey tool. Take advantage of online tutorials.
- Microsoft Online Learning: You can access free online courses from Microsoft.com. See associated help article.
- CBT Nuggets: offers IT certification training in proficiencies from virtualization to data center to security
- Global Knowledge offers free business training webinars for IT Professionals.
Tips for Online Training Success
- Consider the below tips to be successful when using online training.
- Have a plan/goal in mind.
- Dedicate/block off time on your calendar. (At work, check with your supervisor if approved as professional development.)
- Eliminate distractions – Get away from your “office space” if permitted. Use a laptop in a quiet room (get away - just as if you are going to a face-face training session).
- Use headphones!
- Hang a “Training in Progress/Do Not Disturb” sign.
You may read Duke's training policies.