Use Zoom to meet using video, voice, and screen sharing with colleagues across the campus or around the world. With your Duke-provided Zoom account up to 300 participants can attend via phone, computer, mobile device, or video conferencing endpoint. For large meetings (more than 300 participants) and Webinars, please contact the Service Desk.
- Join via computer or telephone. Participants may dial the US dial in numbers from around the world, international toll dial-in support is also automatically included for many countries.
- Note: Whenever possible, participants should use VoIP (Voice over IP or "calling from the computer/using computer audio") for Zoom. Reserve the option to dial in only if you are having issues with VoIP or your computer. Be aware that local phone carriers may reach capacity during periods of extremely high usage. If this happens, you can also try calling on a mobile phone.
- Use rich features for online collaboration and instructional tools to support classes such as breakout rooms, raise hands, and attention tracking
- Add Zoom to your Sakai class site to easily schedule classes via Zoom and automatically share recordings
- Record your sessions and make available via Duke Warpwire or any other video sharing service
- Hosting webinars and large meetings. If you are planning large events such as webinars or large meetings it is important that you familarize yourself with the features and functions associated with these virtual spaces.