Qualtrics survey software
The Qualtrics survey tool is available free for Duke users at http://duke.qualtrics.com through a university-wide site license. Qualtrics is integrated with Duke's NetID authentication system but also allows sharing of surveys with non-Duke users.
To create a Qualtrics account, log in from http://duke.qualtrics.com using your NetID and NetID password.
Qualtrics users can send and track participation invitations and reminders; display survey results in real time, graphically and statistically; and export raw data in a variety of formats (to CSV, XML, HTML and SPSS, a popular statistical package available through OIT software license).
Other key features include:
- libraries of customizable templates and question banks that can be shared by users and groups.
- a “quick survey builder” guide for beginners.
- survey translation capabilities, allowing respondents to select a language or default to a browser language preference and tracking those selections in survey results.
- continuous file saving, minimizing potential data loss due to browser crashes.
- folders for survey organization.
Qualtrics is supported on Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Chrome.
- Tutorials, webinars and help documentation are available from Qualtrics as part of Qualtrics University http://www.qualtrics.com/university/ including a tutorial on Learning Qualtrics in 5 Steps. SSRI Education & Training also offers in person Getting Started with Qualtrics seminars and 1-1 consulting. Visit https://ssri.duke.edu/education for details.
- Duke's Qualtrics license includes both e-mail and phone support. If you have questions about how to use Qualtrics or are experiencing technical difficulties, please contact Qualtrics directly by emailing email@example.com or calling 1-800-340-9194 between 8am-8pm EST.
- For help with survey methodology and best practices contact the Duke Initiative on Survey Methodology at SSRI (Social Science Research Institute) at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are new to Qualtrics or want to get an overview of the software, please view their "Getting Started" tutorials.
- Join Duke's Survey Tool mailing list at: https://lists.duke.edu/sympa/info/surveytool
- If you need assistance logging in, sharing surveys, creating and managing groups, or changing survey ownership, please contact the OIT Service Desk at 919-684-2200.