Qualtrics survey software
The Qualtrics survey tool is available free for Duke users at http://duke.qualtrics.com through a university-wide site license. Qualtrics is integrated with Duke's NetID authentication system but also allows sharing of surveys with non-Duke users.
To create a Qualtrics account, log in from http://duke.qualtrics.com using your NetID and NetID password.
Qualtrics users can send and track participation invitations and reminders; display survey results in real time, graphically and statistically; and export raw data in a variety of formats (to CSV, XML, HTML and SPSS, a popular statistical package available through OIT software license).
Other key features include:
- libraries of customizable templates and question banks that can be shared by users and groups.
- a “quick survey builder” guide for beginners.
- survey translation capabilities, allowing respondents to select a language or default to a browser language preference and tracking those selections in survey results.
- continuous file saving, minimizing potential data loss due to browser crashes.
- folders for survey organization.
Qualtrics is supported on Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Chrome.
- Tutorials, webinars and help documentation are available from Qualtrics as part of Qualtrics University http://www.qualtrics.com/university/ including a tutorial on Learning Qualtrics in 5 Steps. OIT Training also offers in person Getting Started with Qualtrics seminars as part of their Free Technology Seminar schedule. Contact OIT Training if you have questions about getting the Qualtrics training you need.
- If you need assistance logging in, sharing surveys, creating and managing groups, or changing survey ownership, please contact the OIT Service Desk at 919-684-2200.
- Duke's Qualtrics license includes both e-mail and phone support. If you have questions about how to use Qualtrics or are experiencing technical difficulties, please contact Qualtrics directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 1-800-340-9194 between 8am-8pm EST.
- For help with survey methodology and best practices contact the Duke Initiative on Survey Methodology at SSRI (Social Science Research Institute) at: email@example.com.
- If you are new to Qualtrics or want to get an overview of the software, please view their "Getting Started" tutorials.
- Join Duke's Survey Tool mailing list at: https://lists.duke.edu/sympa/info/surveytool
Read more about Duke's transition to Qualtrics.