WebEx Meetings: Getting Started
For more information about WebEx visit, webex.duke.edu.
Getting Started with WebEx
Request your account at webex.duke.edu
All Duke Health and Duke University faculty, staff, and students are able to request a free WebEx web-conferencing account. You will receive an email confirming your account has been created.
- Prepare your device(s): Be sure that your device has a working camera and for the best quality audio, use a headset with a microphone. WebEx will work with any standard headset that your device supports.
- Install WebEx Meetings Software: Download and install WebEx Meetings. Sign in using your Duke email address.
Set your preferences: Sign in to WebEx. Use the left navigation pane, under src="https://duke.service-now.com/Set Up" src="https://duke.service-now.com/Preferences"
- Under src="https://duke.service-now.com/My Personal Room" set your room name, and PIN (which is used to start your room from a phone or video conferencing system), and if needed, add an alternate host using their Duke email address
- Under src="https://duke.service-now.com/Scheduling Options" assign a delegate using their email address to schedule meetings on your behalf
- Overview of WebEx for hosts
- Invite people to your WebEx Personal Room or schedule a meeting
- Use a WebEx Personal Conference Number to host audio only conferences
- Record your meeting and download or share a link after the meeting has concluded