WebEx Meeting: Setting up personal conferencing numbers for ad hoc audio-only conferences
You may wish to use WebEx Meeting to hold audio-only telephone conferences. In order to do so, you need to log in to your WebEx Meeting host account online and establish Personal Conferencing Numbers (PCNs). Each host can have up to three PCNs. Each PCN provides a host access code and attendee access code. You can share these PCNs as needed. The Duke-wide toll and toll-free numbers (if your account is provisioned for toll-free) are displayed in WebEx Meeting, under My WebEx > Preferences-> Audio in Personal Conferencing section.
To set up your PCNs, do the following. You'll need to login to WebEx Meeting, set up a PIN, and then create the PCN accounts.
- Log in to your WebEx Meeting account (visit dukeuniversity.webex.com or dukemed.webex.com) with your Duke NetID and password.
- Follow the steps provided to create a PIN and generate a personal conference number (PCN) for your account. Note: You must have a fund code associated with your account in order to have PCNs.
- Select My WebEx-> Preferences-> Audio
- Create a 4-digit PIN
- Choose to Save PIN
- In Personal Conferencing Section
- Select Generate account
- Select green Generate button. Once you see the generated numbers, select Close button.
- The newly generated PCN will now show in Personal Conferencing section. (Account 1, Account 2 or Account 3)
Once you've set up your PCNs, you can give out the host/attendee codes to others to join audio conferences.
Also, see the one minute screen capture video of how to setup a PCN