Network: How do I register a gaming system on the Duke network?
If you want to connect your gaming system, Apple TV, Smart TV or Roku streaming player to the Duke network, you will need to register your device on the network. In order to do so you will need your device’s MAC address (Media Access Control – is a unique identifier associated with your computer’s network interface controller (NIC). The easiest way to find your MAC address is to Google“how do I find the MAC address for (your device).
To register your device navigate to https://dukereg.duke.edu/
Follow the DukeReg on-screen instructions to register.
In the MAC address field, enter the MAC address for your system. The MAC address will be in the format:
XX - XX - XX – XX - XX – XX
To find the MAC address for your system, follow the instructions below.
1) From the Wii Menu select Wii Settings (located in the bottom left corner).
2) Select Internet.
3) Select Console Settings. The MAC address appears on the first line.
1) From the main menu, select Settings.
2) Select System Settings.
3) Select System Information. The MAC address is displayed.
1) On the Dashboard, under System, select Network Settings.
2) Select Edit Settings.
3) Select Additional Settings.
4) Select Advanced Settings. The MAC address appears at the bottom of the page.
1) Go to the main menu on your Apple TV, and select Settings
2) In the Settings Menu, select About
3) The Apple TV's MAC Address will be listed as either the WirelessID or EthernetID (depending on the connection you are using)
1) You can find your device MAC addresses on the bottom or back on your Roku player (depending upon model). A MAC address is a set of six 2-digit pairs separated by colons (e.g. 00:0D:0A:1H:3G:5C). One set is for your wireless connection and one set is for your wired/Ethernet connection, if your Roku player model supports Ethernet
2) Alternatively, from the Roku home screen, select Settings> About. The MAC addresses will be listed on-screen
Please see your vendor site for the location of your MAC address
After you have successfully registered your MAC address please allow 45 minutes and restart your device. Due to the identification nature of wireless network it may take several attempts to connect. If you still are unable to connect after you have attempted several times please contact the OIT Service Desk (919-684-2200) and they will be glad to assist. One final note, Chromecast will not work on the Duke wireless network. Unfortunately, it is not compatible with university environments that have Enterprise networks.