Using Meeting Types in Your Personal Booking Page
These instructions require that your Personal Bookings Page is already set up. See Personal Bookings Page Initial Setup.
You can create multiple meeting types for your Personal Bookings Page. Using different meeting types allows you to customize the types of appointments you allow users to book on your calendar.
Meeting types are configured from the personal booking setting in Office 365:
- From a web browser, log into mail.duke.edu.
- Click Settings (gear icon, upper right). The Settings pane opens.
- In the search box, type personal and press Return/Enter. The Settings window opens and displays Personal booking.
Create a new meeting type
To create a new meeting type, do the following:
- Under Meeting types and availability, click + Add a meeting type. The screen refreshes and displays Meeting details.
- In the Meeting name field, type the desired name (for example, "30-Minute Office Hours" or "15-minute Catch-Up").
- Under Duration, set the desired duration. Note: Selecting Custom allows you to set the duration in 5-minute increments.
- In the Min lead time and Max lead time fields, make the desired adjustments, if any.
- In the Location field, enter a location. This field also accepts links/URLs, for example, for a Zoom meeting.
- (Optional) To hold your meeting through Microsoft Teams, enable Online Meeting.
- (Optional) In the Description field, enter a meeting description.
- (Optional) Under Meeting availability, select Use custom availability hours. Use the options provided to customize your availability for this meeting type. Note: By default, bookings are based on the availability in your calendar.
- Click Save. The screen refreshes and the new type appears.
Meeting type options
Using the icons accompanying each meeting type, you can perform the following functions:
- Enable/disable - Controls whether the meeting type is available/not available for use
- Copy URL (paper and pen) - Copy the URL (link) for the meeting type into your clipboard in order to paste it (for example, into an email)
- Move up/Move down (up/down arrows) - Move the meeting type up/down in the list
- Edit (pencil) - Edit a meeting type
- Delete (trashcan) - Delete the meeting type. Note: One meeting type is required.
Sharing meeting type links (URLs)
Share a link to your meeting type(s) so others can book time on your calendar.
To share all of your meeting types, under Sharing options, do one of the following:
- Click Copy Link - Paste the link into a document, email, etc.
- Click Share Link - A new email opens and displays default text in the subject and body
To share a specific meeting type, select Copy URL (paper and pen), then paste the URL into an email, chat, etc.