Zoom Meetings: Comprehensive Starting Guide
Getting ready to use Zoom Meetings
IMPORTANT: Do not use Duke's VPN with Zoom
Prepare your devices(s)
Be sure that your device has a working camera and you have a headset or USB echo cancelling speakerphone. With Zoom Meetings you may also choose to use a telephone and call in.
Navigate to https://duke.zoom.us and select the src="https://duke.service-now.com/Sign in" button. You will then be asked to authenticate with your NetID and password.
You should be asked to authenticate with your NetID and password:
Once you log into Zoom, you will be directed to your Profile page. You will find your Personal Meeting ID and Personal Link. You can add a profile picture and make other changes such as modifying your personal meeting ID to be a telephone number.
Install Zoom meetings software
If you haven src="https://duke.service-now.com/t already, sign into Zoom Meetings (https://duke.zoom.us) with your NetID and password. Scroll to the bottom of the page to find the links to the desktop client and Outlook plugin.
To login using the client:
From the Sign In prompt, select src="https://duke.service-now.com/Sign In with SSO" /p>
Enter duke as the company domain.
From here you'll see the main Zoom Meetings Menu
If you select src="https://duke.service-now.com/Schedule" you'll see the following:
Once you've scheduled the meeting, use the button corresponding to your calendar (probably Outlook) to add the meeting, at that point you will be able to invite the other participants.
- Sometimes, especially when first setting up Zoom and your Outlook add-in, you may be prompted to sign into Zoom; always choose the SSO option when this happens. Remember that duke is the domain.
- There are many more settings available at duke.zoom.us, than there are when using the client.
- You can change your personal room's access number, a lot of people use their office phone number for this as it may be easier to remember.
- The Outlook addin adds a button to your new meeting view that will add the details of your personal room to a meeting, removing the need to open the Zoom client first.
- Zoom src="https://duke.service-now.com/s online training is excellent. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us