DukeFlyer: How to export PowerPoint slides to a 1920x1080 resolution file
To export PowerPoint slide(s) with the correct resolution of 1920x1080 in JPG format
Powerpoint 2013 For Windows:
- Go to the Design tab
- Click on the "Slide Size" and select "Custom Slide Size..."
- For Width, enter 20 Inches
- For Height, enter 11.25 inches
- Click OK
- Click the File tab
- Click Export from the menu on the left
- Click the Change File Type button
- Select JPEG File Interchange Format
- Click Save As
- Save the file anywhere you'd like
- Upload the flyer to DukeFlyer
PowerPoint 2011 For Mac:
- Select Save As from the File Menu
- For Format, select JPEG
- For Options, ensure Width is 1920 and Height is 1080
Microsoft PowerPoint for Mac (Version 15 or above)
- Select Export from the File Menu
- Select JPEG or PNG
- Width: 1920 and Height: 1080
- Note, Height should automatically update to 1080 with Width of 1920 is entered.
- If you're still having issues with the correct resolution, you can download our blank slide that when uploaded to PPT, it'll have the correct resolution and DPI.
Note: For Mac users, it's always good to open the flyers in Mac Preview and go to Tools->Adjust Size... and check the width, height and resolution. If the resolution is not 72 or 96, then you can change it here.