Table of Contents:
- Error Message
- Unable to print multiple pages on each side of paper using ePrint for Windows
- The ePrint uninstallation process fails using macOS
- Unable to download the manifest
- No popup to enter NetID
- Error: Failed to contact the Popup Server
1. Error Message
Error message reads: A PSException was caught: "Could not find the package 'ePrint Combined' on the server manifest. It may have been deleted. Try downloading the package again or contact an administrator."
This is usually a problem with the network. Make sure the computer is connecting to the network and has strong connectivity, that the Duke network can be reached, and that no firewalls are blocking the signal.
If off-campus, you may want to try connecting with the VPN. For more information about connecting with the VPN, please use the information at this link.
2. Unable to print multiple pages on each side of paper in Windows
The Advanced Printing Features for the print may be disabled. To fix this, please follow these directions:
- Click Start and select Control Panel.
- Click Devices and Printers (if you're running Windows 7 or later) or Printers and Faxes (if you're running Windows XP).
- Right click on ePrint-OIT and select Properties.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Check the box to the left of Enable advanced printing features, then click OK. You should now be able to print more than one page per side.
3. The ePrint uninstallation process fails using macOS
The uninstaller may fail to run properly in macOS. To fix this, please follow these directions:
- In Finder, click Go, and select Go To Folder
- Input /Library/Application Support/Pharos/Utilities/Uninstaller.app/Contents/MacOS
- Select Uninstaller
- Select all pharos components for removal
- Verify eprint Printers have been deleted under System Preferences > Printers and Scanners
After this completes, reboot the Mac and continue with the macOS Installation process.
4. Unable to download the manifest error
After running the ePrint executable file and clicking Install, the status may show "unable to download the manifest"
- Verify in Control Panel, Programs and Features, uninstall a program - that Pharos is not listed
- Go to your File explorer
- Navigate to the folder specified in the error message (ex. C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\Temp\Pharos\ControllerLog.txt)
- Please delete the Temp folder that contains Pharos
- Restart your computer and try the install again
5. No Popup prompt to enter NetId
After selecting ePrint-OIT, you do not get prompted to enter your NetID
- Go to System Preferences > Users & Groups > Login Items tab
- Click the (+) sign to add an Item
- Navigate to Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Pharos and select Popup
- Press Add. PopUp should be listed in your login items now
- Restart your computer and try printing again
If you do not have Macintosh HD or Library listed in the navigation, please go to Finder > Preferences > Side bar to make sure that there is a check next to Hard disk.
6. Error: Failed to contact the Popup Server
After selecting ePrint-OIT, you get prompted with an error message stating:
Failed to contact the Popup Server.
The print job has been aborted because Pharos Popup
failed to contact the Popup Server. If this problem
persists, please notify your system administrator.
Need Further Assistance?
For additional help, please contact the OIT Service Desk at 919-684-2200 or click on this link for other ways to get help from OIT.
Please make a note of any error messages encountered, the printer name and location, and your DukeCard number so that we may better resolve any issues.