Qualtrics: How to Capture Respondent Information from a Duke NetID in Embedded Data in Qualtrics
How do I capture embedded information about a survey respondent with a Duke NetID using Qualtrics?
Put your survey behind Shibboleth (Duke netID)
- Open your survey for editing.
- Click Survey Flow.
- Click Add a New Element Here where you want your survey to prompt for a netID and password.
- Select Authenticator as what you want to add.
- For Authentication Type, select SSO
- Uncheck the box to associate the respondent with a panel (unless that is something you need to do.)
- For SSO Type, select Shibboleth
Configure what identifying info you want to capture
- Check the box to Capture Respondent Identifying Info
- Click Add Embedded Data
- Configure the items you would like to capture.
The left box is what you will name the attribute you want to capture as embedded data, for example netID. You can name this whatever you would like.
The right box (Field from SSO) is a "code" you will need to enter to get the proper attribute from Shibboleth. Here is a list of attributes and corresponding "codes". Please note, these are the only attributes released to the Qualtrics SP.
|OU (Organizational Unit - Directory attribute for department)||urn:oid:18.104.22.168|
|Primary affiliation (e.g. faculty, staff, student)||urn:oid:22.214.171.124.4.1.59126.96.36.199.5|
|All affiliations (scoped with @duke.edu)||urn:oid:188.8.131.52.4.1.59184.108.40.206.9|
Click Save Flow to save your changes when you are finished.