How to obtain temporary passcodes to authenticate
When you don't have access to your device, you can generate temporary passcodes to authenticate. The passcodes expire 72 hours after being issued. To generate temporary passcodes, do the following:
1. In the Duke Log In window, click Forgot your device?
Note: If you don't see Forgot your device?, in the NetID field, enter your NetID. Move to the Password field, but do not type your password. Forgot your device? will appear.
2. In the Multi-factor authentication user guide window, under Forgot your device?, click the multi-factor authentication home page link.
3. In the Duke Log In window that appears, enter your NetID and password, then click Log In. In the Obtain temporary passcodes page that appears, your challenge response verification (CRV) questions are displayed.
4. Answer the questions and click Submit. Your temporary passcodes are displayed.
Note: Your responses are case and space sensitive. If you can't answer the questions, contact support.
5. To print the passcodes, click Print temporary pass codes.
For further assistance, contact your local IT support or:
University: OIT Service Desk, 919-684-2200
Duke Medicine: DHTS Service Desk, 919-684-2243