OIT Site-Licensed Software
Duke negotiates with vendors to make software available to Duke affiliates for discounted rates or, in many cases, for free. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please e-mail the site-license office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please participate in a survey to help improve this site - We are in the planning stages of a site-wide redesign, and your comments would be very helpful. The survey is only 5 questions, and responses are anonymous.
Featured Products & New Additions
Stay current on new releases, patches, expirations, and other important OIT Software License news. View our blog at http://sites.duke.edu/software or subscribe to our mailing list at https://lists.duke.edu/sympa/info/oit-software-license.
- Articulate Storyline - Build highly interactive online and mobile courses with Articulate Storyline, the only e-learning authoring software that grows with you. It’s simple enough for beginners, powerful enough for experts. Perpetual licenses are available for $420. This is 70% off the normal price.
- FastX –FastX is a simple PC X server solution. FastX allows you to connect over the Internet and work with even the most demanding remote hosted Linux and Unix applications at LAN speed. FastX sessions are persistent (you can reconnect after a network interruption) and secure. It is a product from Starnet, the makers of X-Win32. Available at no cost.
- EMCO MSI Package Builder Enterprise 5 - The newest version of this software is now available as a free download.
- Little Snitch - A firewall protects your computer against unwanted guests from the Internet. But who protects your private data from being sent out? Little Snitch does! The vendor is offering this software for 30% off to Duke faculty, staff, and students.
- DisplayFusion Pro - DisplayFusion will make your multi-monitor life much easier. With powerful features like Multi-Monitor Taskbars, TitleBar Buttons and fully customizable Functions, DisplayFusion will make managing your multiple monitors easy. This software is available at no cost through OIT.
- Papers – Your personal library of research Papers helps you collect and curate the research material that you're passionate about. From citations to search, Papers will improve the way you find, organize, read, and cite. Perpetual licenses are available for $50 each.
- TreeSize Professional 6.0.2 - The latest version is available as a free download.
- SAS 9.4 - The latest version of SAS software is now available at no cost to Duke faculty, staff, and students. SAS 9.4 can only be installed on computers with 64-bit operating systems.
- Winclone - This utility can create a disk image of your Mac’s Boot Camp partition, making it easy to back up that partition, restore it from a backup, or transfer it to another Mac. You can even use Winclone to resize an existing Boot Camp partition. It is available as a free download for Duke faculty and staff.
- LastPass - To make your online life easier and safer, Duke is now sponsoring a LastPass Premium account for all students, faculty, and staff. LastPass is a password manager that makes web browsing easier and more secure.
- think-cell- think-cell is a Microsoft Office add-in which integrates seamlessly with PowerPoint and helps you to visualize complex charts like Marimekko, Gantt and waterfall within minutes. Free licenses of think-cell are available for Duke students and researchers. Visit the think-cell website for more information. With the newest update to think-cell 6, the agenda-creating capabilities of the layout component make creating and maintaining a complete agenda in PowerPoint as simple as a table of contents in a word processor.
New software evaluations
Any member of the Duke community can submit a request for new software to be evaluated for use in academics, research, or IT operations. Click the link below for more information on the process.
New Software Evaluation Requests are reviewed by the Software License Committee as options for site or volume licensing at Duke.
OIT Service Desk: The Link - Perkins Library
Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m. - midnight
Friday: 8 a.m. - 5p.m.
Saturday: noon - 4 p.m.
Sunday: 3 p.m.-midnight
Hours may vary during university holidays and academic breaks.
- Duke Technology Center - The Duke Technology Center offers discounted licensing for many academic and retail products that are not offered through OIT, including many Adobe and Microsoft products.
- OIT Software Licensing FAQ - Go here to find helpful information about OIT Software Licensing and its processes, as well as FAQ-style answers to some of the most common questions about our software.
- OIT makes metrics on site-licensed software downloads available to the general public. General information about the OIT metrics is available at About OIT/metrics.