Collaboration and Communication
Instant message a colleague. Share a team project. Web-conference off-campus.
Collaboration and communication are the core of teaching and learning at Duke.
OIT has vetted a variety of tools to help you work better with colleagues on- and off-campus. From integrated communications like Jabber's IM and video chats, to web conferencing through WebEx, to project management workflows using Microsoft Sharepoint, Duke has a tool for you to share your ideas and your work.
Here are some examples of Duke's collaboration and communications tools:
- Jabber - IM, video chats, presence (ability to see if someone is available), phone forwarding and more.
- WebEx - Web-based phone and video conferencing and screen sharing.
- Duke Box - File storage and collaboration with version controls and security features.
- Office365 - Complete email and file sharing system.
- Qualtrics - Survey creation and deployment.
- Phone Services - Staff and faculty have access to wired desk phones using Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology.
Pager services are now managed by Duke Health Technology Systems.