Are You Up to the Challenge?
Earn points by securing your Duke profile during Cybersecurity Awareness Month and win prizes
October is Cybersecurity Awareness Month and it’s more important than ever in our hybrid work environment to stay safe online. Duke’s Security Offices invite everyone in the Duke community – all faculty, staff and students – to enroll in and take the Duke Security Challenge.
You can become a “Security Rock Star” by completing activities on the Security Challenge dashboard to collect points and win prizes. One of the prizes is an autographed copy of Coach K’s book. Win the most points by signing up for the simulated phishing program which begins Oct. 1 (late entries are not allowed). Drawings will be held throughout the month.
Log in to the self-service portal with your Duke NetID and password to get started.
The Duke Security Challenge allows you to see a dashboard of your security standing. You may already have credit for steps you’ve taken such as setting a strong password or staying current on security training. Get more points when you:
• Enroll in Duke Unlock
• Update your password
• List an external email for account recovery
• Enroll in Multi-Factor Authentication for all logins with your NetID
• Opt in to the simulated phishing program by Oct. 1
• Report phish using the ‘Report Phish’ button in Outlook
• Join the Security Ambassador’s channel on Microsoft Teams
• Take the Annual Security Awareness training in the Duke Learning Management System
To learn more about staying safe online, visit the Duke Security website.