DukeStream, OIT's streaming media hosting service, allows members of the Duke community to distribute media files via dedicated streaming servers. DukeStream supports QuickTime and Flash files and provides up to 20GB of storage for media files. DukeStream is designed for departmental and group use. Students accessing this space need a faculty sponsor.
Note: DukeStream cannot be used to store or distribute any media that requires HIPAA or FERPA compliance.
For information on the differences between YouTube and DukeStream, please visit our DukeStream and YouTube comparison page.
- About streaming (why stream?)
- Set up your DukeStream Pro space
- Preparing QuickTime content for streaming
- Uploading files using DukeStream Pro
- Linking to your DukeStream Pro QuickTime and Real files
- Creating QuickTime reference movies
- Creating QuickTime poster movies
- Flash Streaming -- Overview
- Flash File Encoding (How to Produce a Flash File for Streaming)
- Flash Publishing (How to Stream a File via the OIT Flash Server)
- Live streaming
- Copyright issues
- Server test
- Troubleshooting FAQ
- Contact the OIT Help Desk for streaming-related problems at (919) 684-2200 or ask for help online.
- If you are considering using DukeStream Pro and would like more information, contact the OIT Help Desk at (919) 684-2200 or ask for help online.
- If you would like more information on other media distribution options, please download our Media Distribution media grid.
- If you are a member of the Duke community and would like to receive email announcements about DukeStream maintenance, upgrades and other information, you can join the DukeStream listserv via https://lists.duke.edu/sympa (search for dukestream after logging in with your Duke NetID). If you have questions about subscribing, the OIT Service Desk can assist you.