Students Assisting With Technology
Student Workers Assisting with Technology (SWAT) is a group of technically trained students dedicated to helping students with selected computer problems.
SWAT Laptop Support
Technology support is available during freshmen orientation week on East Campus. We'll be in the Marketplace on move-in day (Tuesday August 21), and then in Lilly Library in the MPS lab from Wednesday through Sunday. If you are a new student, come by for help with your laptop, wireless or just to ask a question!
Our hours during back to school week will be
- Tuesday August 21 (move-in day): 8 AM to 5 PM in the Marketplace
- Wednesday August 22: 9 AM to 5 PM in MPS East in Lilly Library
- Thursday August 23: 11 AM to 5 PM in MPS East in Lilly Library
- Friday August 24: 11 AM to 5 PM in MPS East in Lilly Library
- Saturday August 25: 1 PM to 5 PM in MPS East in Lilly Library
- Sunday August 26: 1 PM to 8 PM in MPS East in Lilly Library
After the Back to School SWAT service ends, in-person assistance will be available at the Service Desk in the Link at Perkins Library throughout the school year. Drop by for questions or help with your laptop. You can also call, email or use live chat to talk to Service Desk staff.
SWAT staff will address the following issues:
- General Use Questions / How To
- Basic Network Connectivity (DukeReg)
- Software Issues
- Admin password protection
- Security issues and patching
- Virus issues
Looking to work for OIT?
Interested in a student job with OIT? Click here for job application information!