Microsoft E-Learning Courses
As part of Duke's recent license agreement with Microsoft, Duke students, staff and faculty can access free E-Learning courses from Microsoft.com. Tutorials include applications such as Word, Excel, Project, Outlook, PowerPoint and systems such as Windows XP and Windows Vista.
- These courses may only be accessed using Windows 2000 and higher and Internet Explorer 6.0.
- Macromedia Flash 7.0 or higher.
- Microsoft Windows Media Player 7.0 or higher.
- See Systems Requirement tab prior to launching the tutorials.
You must initially activate your account. You will need to go through this process twice if you want to access both the application and systems courses as they have different multiuser access codes.
Initial Activation Steps:
- Locate & write down Duke's multiuser access codes. (Log in with your Duke NetID and password to get Duke's multiuser access code.) You may not share this code with anyone.
- Obtain a Windows Live™ ID if you don't already have one. (This is the user name and password you use to access the site each time you log on.) You must use a Duke email address ending in @duke.edu. (NOTE: If your e-mail address typically ends in @mc.duke.edu or @win.duke.edu put @duke.edu instead.) From the confirmation e-mail, click the link to complete the e-mail confirmation and then activate your courses.
- Go to https://business.microsoftelearning.com/activate (You may get a site warning. If so, press continue).
- Input your multiuser access code (from step 1) and your work email (This will be your @duke.edu that you used to create your Windows Live™ ID).
- You will be prompted to sign in using a valid Windows Live™ ID. (from step 2)
- A confirmation page appears indicating that the access code has been accepted.
- Click the Learning Catalog link to see the list of available courses. (You may also search).
- Click a course title to launch the offering. You have 12 months from the time of launch to finish that course.
To access your courses:
- Go to: http://business.microsoftelearning.com/
- Click the "Sign In" button in the upper right corner of the page.
- Sign in to Windows Live using your Windows Live™ ID and password.
- Click the My Learning Catalog link on the left side of the page under Customer Login.
- Begin your E-Learning Course. (You have 12 months from the time of launch to finish each course that you begin.)