lynda Online Training Tutorials
lynda.com is a leading education provider whose online training library includes more than 112,166 videos in 2,417+ courses, with new titles added every week.
Duke students, faculty and staff can access of the entire lynda.com online training library anytime, anywhere - 24/7 and 365 days a year on their computer or via their mobile device through the lyndaCampus, a university-wide site license.
- Overview of lyndaCampus
- Available Topics
- Getting Started - Connecting Online
- Connecting via a Mobile Device
- Duke User Case Studies
- Tips for Online Training Success
- Contact Us
Overview of lyndaCampus
For an overview of lyndaCampus, watch: http://www.lynda.com/home/VideoPlayer.aspx?lpk4=150&controls=no
Benefits of lyndaCampus include:
- Managing information in your personal profile
- Keeping track of your course history & recent activity
- Bookmarking (favorite course, tutorials or specific part in a movie)
- Completion Certificates
- Mobile Access
- Unlimited amount of concurrent Duke users
Topics include: Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Adobe Creative Suite, video editing, Business, documentaries computer programming, web design, database design and more.
A complete listing of topics is available on lynda.com's website at http://www.lynda.com. If you would like to be notified via e-mail when new topics are released, you may subscribe to the lynda.com online newsletter. Don’t see something you need or would like to see in the future? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and we can pass along this request to our lynda.com representative.
Getting Started - Connecting Online
Any Duke student, staff, or faculty member with a Duke NetID can access the lynda.com online training tutorials.
Click here to connect directly to the lynda.com online training library. NOTE: You will be prompted to log in with your Duke NetID and password.
View a quick tour on Navigating the online training library.
- You will be prompted to verfiy your personal profile and continue the first time you log in.
- Connect to the tutorials via Duke’s lynda.com website. DO NOT go directly to to lynda.com's website and log in with your Duke NetID and password.
- Duke’s site license entitles you to access the entire library and all supporting course files. If you have problems accessing any files, e-mail email@example.com so we can follow-up with our lynda.com representative.
- Purchasing an individual personal license or any other products (such as CDs) is not covered in our license agreement.
Connecting via a Mobile Device
You can access lynda from any mobile device by launching your web browser on logging into Duke's lynda.com online training library. You can also connect to the lynda.com online training library using your mobile device, following the directions below.
ATTENTION: You must log into our lynda.com online training library from your computer's web browser FIRST before using the app as you will need to activate your online profile first.
Using the lynda App at Duke on iOS
- Launch the App. (download from App Store)
- Tap "web portal access".
- Type duke.edu in the URL field.
- On the iPad tap submit / on the iPhone tap the Go button.
- If prompted, log in with your Duke NetID and password.
Using the lynda App at Duke on Android
- Launch the App. (download from Googleplay or Amazon)
- Click the menu button in the upper left corner, press log in.
- Select the web portall tab.
- Type duke.edu.
- Click log in.
See lynda.com's website for full information about learning on the go.
Duke User Case Studies
- Have ideas or suggestions for new lynda.com tutorials? Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll forward them to our lynda.com representative for consideration.
- Tell us your online training story! Send a note to email@example.com & you might be selected to be featured on this website or in a university-wide publication like DukeToday.