OIT OnDemand Training
OnDemand training allows Duke groups to request just-in-time training for group or academic course needs. Faculty may contact us to bring in-classroom training for academic tools such as WordPress and technology related to the Duke Digital Initiative. This service is also available to student organizations (all topics) and staff (for Duke specific topics).
Our Technology Training Coordinator will work with you to schedule a training session that meets your group or course needs. Topics include those taught in our free pre-scheduled seminars as well as others that can be customized to fit your assignment and learning outcomes. While this this is a free service, please note that it is offered on trainer and lab availability.
- We request that you contact us at least a month prior to needing training if at all possible. This will enable us to consult our trainers’ schedule and reserve a lab (if needed for the session.)
- Requests will be accomodated on a first come, first-served basis.
- In order to meet the demand of our OnDemand Training requests, we may need to recommend alternate weeks or times should we exceed the amount of requests we can accommodate (typically 3 per week) or our trainer or lab are unavailable.
- Due to the number of requests we receive, our requests are typically offered to groups of 5 or more. (Consider visiting our Multimedia Project Studio for 1-1 assistance in many topic areas.)
- We request that faculty members who make requests are present the day of the training session. This wil allow our trainers to focus on the content or need someone to turn to should classroom management become an issue or questions regarding the scope of project work arise.
- We may ask the requestor to provide an electronic copy of the materials to all of the participants ahead of the training session.
- Staff groups will be referred to Duke's Learning & Organization Development (L&OD) for indepth training on non-OIT Specific Topics.
To request an OnDemand Training for your group, complete our OnDemand Training Request Form.