OIT Training provides technology training opportunities to support the academic needs of Duke students, staff and faculty. These include pre-scheduled hands-on training seminars; OnDemand training for Duke-specific tools and services; monthly brown bag sessions and online training tutorials.
Stay connected. Keep posted on training opportunities by joining our OIT Training Announcement e-mail List. Monthly announcements may include new and upcoming seminars, training events and online resources. Subscribe online at https://lists.duke.edu/sympa/subscribe/oit-training-announce. Also, check out the IT Training @ Duke WordPress site http://sites.duke.edu/training/.
Looking for a complement to instructor-led training or cost effective just-in-time learning opportunities? Try learning online.
Look for a series of pre-scheduled seminars on Duke IT-specific topics and beyond. Popular topics include Duke's Box, iMovie, Sites@Duke (WordPress) and more.
- View and register for upcoming fee technology training seminars via the online registration system. (You must have a Duke NetID to register and particiapte.)
- View and register for Research Computing Specific topics. (You must have a Duke NetID to register and participate.)
- Read our free technology training seminar policies page for participant guidelines, cancellation and wait-list information.
- Location and Parking Information is also available.
- Many of our free technology seminar handouts are available online in PDF format.
The Learn IT @ Lunch series is designed to be an opportunity for you to learn about technology directly from Duke IT Staff. Each session will includes a presentation followed by a Q & A session in a relaxed lunch environment. All Duke students, staff and faculty are welcome to participate.
- No preregistration is required. Seating is available on a first come, first served basis.
- Feel free to bring a brown bag lunch.
- Additional information and a schedule is on our Learn IT @ Lunch page.
OnDemand training allows Duke groups to request just-in-time training for group or academic course needs. Faculty may contact us to bring in-classroom training for academic tools such as Sites@Duke (WordPress). This service is also available to student organizations (all topics) and staff (for Duke specific topics).
- Visit our OnDemand Training page for information and guidelines.
- To request a training session, complete our OnDemand Training Request Form.
Duke IT staff interested in obtaining training from outside vendors should consider these discounts and options including discounted pricing on Global Knowledge courses.
Technical Education & Outreach Coordinator: Christine L. Vucinich