Process for new software requests
- Faculty, staff or designee submits a complete software request via the Site License web page.
- The request is routed to OIT Software License and reviewed to ensure it is not duplicative of previous requests and meets all necessary criteria.
- OIT Software License sends an acknowledgement that the request has been received and forwards all available information regarding the request to Duke's Software License Committee.
NOTE: If the requested information is not complete the request will be sent back to requestor.
- The committee will attempt to poll the Duke community to see if other groups are using or interested in using the software (CLIF, CLAC, Computing@Duke). The coordinator also requests pricing and volume purchase information from the vendor.
- Once all the information is gathered, the request is revisited by the Software License Committee for recommendation to be approved or declined.
- If the request is declined, alternate methods or a group purchase are recommended. The information is posted to the Site License Web page.
- Approved software information is posted to the Site License Web site. OIT finalizes any funding and contracts and makes the software available when ready.
Request that new software be evaluated for use at Duke
See which software is currently under review & was previously requested for evaluation