OIT Site-Licensed Software
Duke negotiates with vendors to make software available to Duke affiliates for discounted rates or, in many cases, for free. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please e-mail the site-license office at email@example.com.
Please participate in a survey to help improve this site - We are in the planning stages of a site-wide redesign, and your comments would be very helpful. The survey is only 5 questions, and responses are anonymous.
Featured Products & New Additions
Stay current on new releases, patches, expirations, and other important OIT Software License news. View our blog at http://sites.duke.edu/software or subscribe to our mailing list at https://lists.duke.edu/sympa/info/oit-software-license.
- TreeSize Professional 6.0.1 - The latest version is available as a free download.
- SAS 9.4 - The latest version of SAS software is now available at no cost to Duke faculty, staff, and students. SAS 9.4 can only be installed on computers with 64-bit operating systems.
- Winclone - This utility can create a disk image of your Mac’s Boot Camp partition, making it easy to back up that partition, restore it from a backup, or transfer it to another Mac. You can even use Winclone to resize an existing Boot Camp partition. It is available as a free download for Duke faculty and staff.
- DNASTAR Lasergene Core Suite 11.2.1 - The latest version is now available as a no-cost download to Duke faculty, staff, and students. This includes many new features for DNASTAR's new multiple sequence alignment module - MegAlign Pro. This features the MUSCLE, Clustal Omega, and Mauve alignment algorithms including other advanced features that are not available in the classic MegAlign software.
- LastPass - To make your online life easier and safer, Duke is now sponsoring a LastPass Premium account for all students, faculty, and staff. LastPass is a password manager that makes web browsing easier and more secure.
- EndNote X7 for Mac –The latest version of EndNote is now available for Mac and Windows at no cost to Duke faculty, staff, and students.
- JMP & JMP Pro 11 - The newest version of JMP and JMP Pro is now available at no cost. Current licenses expire 6/30/2014.
- SPSS Statistics 22 - The newest version of SPSS Statistics is now available for purchase. Licenses cost $75 per computer and expire on 7/31/2014. Users with current licenses of older versions may upgrade to the newest version at no additional cost by visiting "View software you have ordered" above.
- NI LabVIEW - The latest version of the academic site license, Fall 2013, is now avialable at no cost to Duke faculty, staff, and graduate students through OIT.
- Symantec Endpoint Protection – Duke has chosen Symantec to replace McAfee as its anti-virus software vendor. We are no longer licensed for McAfee software. Please remove McAfee from any personal computers and replace with Symantec, which is available on this page. For Duke-owned computers, please contact your local IT department.
- think-cell- think-cell is a Microsoft Office add-in which integrates seamlessly with PowerPoint and helps you to visualize complex charts like Marimekko, Gantt and waterfall within minutes. Free licenses of think-cell are available for Duke students and researchers. Visit the think-cell website for more information.
New software evaluations
Any member of the Duke community can submit a request for new software to be evaluated for use in academics, research, or IT operations. Click the link below for more information on the process.
New Software Evaluation Requests are reviewed by the Software License Committee as options for site or volume licensing at Duke.
OIT Service Desk: The Link - Perkins Library
Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m. - midnight
Friday: 8 a.m. - 5p.m.
Saturday: noon - 4 p.m.
Sunday: 3 p.m.-midnight
Hours may vary during university holidays and academic breaks.
- Duke Technology Center - The Duke Technology Center offers discounted licensing for many academic and retail products that are not offered through OIT, including many Adobe and Microsoft products.
- OIT Software Licensing FAQ - Go here to find helpful information about OIT Software Licensing and its processes, as well as FAQ-style answers to some of the most common questions about our software.
- OIT makes metrics on site-licensed software downloads available to the general public. General information about the OIT metrics is available at About OIT/metrics.