OIT Site-Licensed Software
Duke negotiates with vendors to make software available to Duke affiliates for discounted rates or, in many cases, for free. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please e-mail the site-license office at email@example.com.
Featured Products & New Additions
Stay current on new releases, patches, expirations, and other important OIT Software License news. View our blog at http://sites.duke.edu/software or subscribe to our mailing list at https://lists.duke.edu/sympa/info/oit-software-license.
- SAS – Formerly $35 per computer ($300 per CPU for servers), SAS software is now available at no cost through a grant to NCICU schools. Please visit this page and place an order to gain access to downloads and renewal files for SAS software.
- SPSS Statistics - IBM SPSS Statistics licenses are available for $75 per license. The grace period has begun, and new license purchases between 4/1/13 and 7/1/13 will include a renewal that will extend the expiration date to 7/1/14.
- RDS CALs (faculty/staff only) - Microsoft Remote Desktop Services Client Access Licenses (RDS CALs - formerly Terminal Services/TS CALs) are now part of the Microsoft Campus Agreement and may be used at no cost.
- Maple 17 - The newest version of Maple is now available. Maple is available as a free download for faculty and staff, and student perpetual licenses are available for $35 each.
- GraphPad Prism - This software, available for both Windows and Mac computers, combines scientific graphing, comprehensive curve fitting (nonlinear regression), understandable statistics, and data organization. Licenses are available for $50 per computer per year.
- McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.8 with Patch 3 - The newest version of McAfee VirusScan Enterprise is now available as a free (recommended) download. This recent patch makes the program officially compatible with Windows 8. This version has antispyware and Patch 3 integrated and updates automatically when it is installed. This is not a silent installer. Patch 3 is also available as a separate download.
- NVivo 10 - NVivo is software that supports qualitative and mixed methods research. it lets you collect, organize, and analyze content from interviews, focus group discussions, surveys, audio - and now in NVivo 10 - social media and web pages.
- McAfee Security for Mac 1.2 - The latest version of McAfee Antivirus software for Mac computers is now available. This version is compatible with OS X 10.6, 10.7, and 10.8.
- Microsoft Dreamspark Program - Previously only available to Students, software under the DreamSpark program is available to Faculty and Staff. DreamSpark is a Microsoft Program that supports technical education by providing access to Microsoft software for learning, teaching and research purposes.
- EndNote X6 – The latest version of EndNote is now available as a free download for both mac and windows.
- DNASTAR Lasergene Core Suite 10.1 - The latest version is now available and includes many new features and enhancements. The software is being funded by departments across Duke and is available to individual faculty, staff, and students at no cost.
- think-cell- think-cell is a Microsoft Office add-in which integrates seamlessly with PowerPoint and helps you to visualize complex charts like Marimekko, Gantt and waterfall within minutes. Free licenses of think-cell are available for Duke students and researchers. Visit the think-cell website for more information.
New software evaluations
Any member of the Duke community can submit a request for new software to be evaluated for use in academics, research, or IT operations. Click the link below for more information on the process.
New Software Evaluation Requests are reviewed by the Software License Committee as options for site or volume licensing at Duke.
OIT Service Desk: The Link - Perkins Library
Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m. - midnight
Friday: 8 a.m. - 5p.m.
Saturday: noon - 4 p.m.
Sunday: 3 p.m.-midnight
Hours may vary during university holidays and academic breaks.
- Duke Technology Center - The Duke Technology Center offers discounted licensing for many academic and retail products that are not offered through OIT, including many Adobe and Microsoft products.
- OIT Software Licensing FAQ - Go here to find helpful information about OIT Software Licensing and its processes, as well as FAQ-style answers to some of the most common questions about our software.