OIT Site-Licensed Software
Duke negotiates with vendors to make software available to Duke affiliates for discounted rates or, in many cases, for free. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please e-mail the site-license office at email@example.com.
Featured Products & New Additions
Stay current on new releases, patches, expirations, and other important OIT Software License news. View our blog at http://sites.duke.edu/software or subscribe to our mailing list at https://lists.duke.edu/sympa/info/oit-software-license.
- LabVIEW Fall 2014 - The latest version of LabVIEW is now available for download or network installation. LabVIEW is only available to faculty, staff, and graduate students.
- Lucidchart & Lucidpress - Lucid software has made its diagramming and page layout apps available at no cost to the Duke community. This is a great free alternative to Microsoft Visio.
- Mathematica 10 - Mathematica 10 introduces a host of new areas—such as machine learning, computational geometry, geographic computation, and device connectivity—as well as deepening capabilities and coverage across the algorithmic world.
- ChemBioDraw Ultra 14 - The ChemBioDraw Ultra 14.0 suite provides scientists with an up-to-date collection of scientifically intelligent applications for chemical structure drawing and analysis combined with biological pathway drawing.
- Autodesk Education Master Suite - Autodesk Education Master Suite 2015 is a multidisciplinary software solution that helps educators prepare aspiring architects, engineers, and digital artists with 2D and 3D software tools.
- Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite - Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite 2015 helps educators prepare aspiring digital artists for academic success and professional careers in the 3D job market.
- JMP Clinical & JMP Genomics - Our licenses have been renewed, and the depots have been combined. JMP Clinical 5.0 + JMP Genomics 7.0 are now available with SAS 9.4 and JMP 11 built-in.
- NVivo 10 for Mac - NVivo is now available for Mac! This is a no-cost download for faculty, staff, and students at Duke.
- JMP & JMP Pro - JMP installers and renewal licenses have been updated, and licenses now expire on June 30, 2015. JMP is available to the Duke community at no cost.
- SAS - SAS installers and renewal licenses have been updated, and licenses now expire on June 30, 2015. SAS is available to the Duke community at no cost.
- think-cell- think-cell is a Microsoft Office add-in which integrates seamlessly with PowerPoint and helps you to visualize complex charts like Marimekko, Gantt and waterfall within minutes. Free licenses of think-cell are available for Duke students and researchers. Visit the think-cell website for more information. With the newest update to think-cell 6, the agenda-creating capabilities of the layout component make creating and maintaining a complete agenda in PowerPoint as simple as a table of contents in a word processor.
New software evaluations
Any member of the Duke community can submit a request for new software to be evaluated for use in academics, research, or IT operations. Click the link below for more information on the process.
New Software Evaluation Requests are reviewed by the Software License Committee as options for site or volume licensing at Duke.
OIT Service Desk: The Link - Perkins Library
Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m. - midnight
Friday: 8 a.m. - 5p.m.
Saturday: noon - 4 p.m.
Sunday: 3 p.m.-midnight
Hours may vary during university holidays and academic breaks.
- Duke Technology Center - The Duke Technology Center offers discounted licensing for many academic and retail products that are not offered through OIT, including many Adobe and Microsoft products.
- OIT Software Licensing FAQ - Go here to find helpful information about OIT Software Licensing and its processes, as well as FAQ-style answers to some of the most common questions about our software.
- OIT makes metrics on site-licensed software downloads available to the general public. General information about the OIT metrics is available at About OIT/metrics.