Printing with ePrint
The ePrint system enables you to print from your own computer to print stations distributed throughout campus, many available around the clock. And you can check the up-to-the-minute status of any station in the system by visiting the ePrint status page. Locations and status of ePrint stations are also available on mobile devices. If you would like to request an additional ePrint station, please contact the OIT Service Desk.
Download and install the free software once, and then use ePrint as often as you like.
Printing in black and white prints is free, subject to a quota system. Printing in color costs 15 cents per page, charged to your DukeCard Flexible Spending Account (FLEX).
Please keep these guidelines in mind when using ePrint.
- Do not use printers as copiers. If you need multiple copies of a document, photocopy it.
- Recycle unwanted paper. Each computer lab has recycling bins.
- If the printer is out of paper, toner, etc., report the problem.
- Send each print job only once. ePrint Reprint (see below) gives you the opportunity to retrieve an older job from the print queue again.
- Save paper by printing on both sides of every sheet.
- Monitor your ePrint quota throughout the year.
Duke's ePrint distributed printing system allows you to print a job again without running back to your computer. Now, after you retrieve your job at a print station, the job goes back into the print queue for 15 minutes. If you need to reprint the job within that timeframe, just swipe your DukeCard at any station and choose the job out of the list of available jobs in your print queue.