Evan Levine, Assistant Director
OIT Academic Services implements and enhances university-wide programs that support
the effective use of technology in learning, instruction, collaboration, and co-curricular
student life. Those services include:
- AV conferencing: TelePresence and video conferencing
- Concourse: Powerful collaboration tool for groups and individuals
- DukeCapture: Classroom and lecture recording
- DukeStream: Digital media streaming and distribution
- DukeWiki: Collaborative web space for groups
- iTunes U: Podcasting and open course materials
- MPS: Multimedia project studio for media creation and editing
- Qualtrics: Online surveys and polling
- Sakai: Duke's academic learning management system (LMS)
- Sites@Duke: WordPress based blogs and websites
- Software Licensing Services: Access to a variety of free and discounted software packages
- Technology Training: Live and online training for the Duke community
- WebEx: Enterprise conferencing tool supporting audio, video, and session sharing
- Web development: Web design, development and consulting services
- YouTube: Duke YouTube channel featuring highlighted materials
Duke Web Services provides the Duke community with web strategy, design, development and consulting services. The unit provides web design, web application and database services and front-end transitional development services, and maintains an array of toolsets for use by other web developers at Duke. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interactive Technology Services provides Duke with media- and collaborative-technology consulting services and application development and integration services. For more information, contact email@example.com.
Software Licensing Services coordinates software licensing across Duke and enables staff, faculty and students to access software (including antivirus software) at greatly reduced rates by maintaining many of Duke's large-scale and campus-wide licenses. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
OIT Training provides technology training opportunities to support Duke students, staff and faculty. These include pre-scheduled, instructor-led training classes; monthly seminars; informal brown bag sessions; online training tutorials; and on-demand training for Duke-specific tools and services. For more information, contact email@example.com.