Academic & Media Technologies
Evan Levine, Director
OIT Academic & Media Technologies implements and enhances university-wide programs that support
the effective use of technology in learning, instruction, collaboration, and co-curricular
student life. Those services include:
- AV Consultation: Classroom and conference room consultation, design and project management, conferencing services consultation
- Digital Signage: electronic “flyers” and networked information displays
- DukeCapture: Classroom and lecture recording
- DukeStream: Digital media streaming and distribution
- DukeWiki: Collaborative web space for groups
- iTunes U: Podcasting and open course materials
- MPS: Multimedia project studio for media creation and editing
- Qualtrics: Online surveys and polling
- Sakai: Duke's learning management system (LMS)
- Sites@Duke: WordPress based blogs and websites
- Software Licensing Services: Access to a variety of free and discounted software packages
- Technology Training: Live and online training for the Duke community
- Video Captioning Services: Providing closed or open captions for video content
- WebEx: Enterprise conferencing tool supporting audio, video, and session sharing
- Web Development: Web design, development and consulting services
- YouTube: Duke YouTube channel featuring highlighted materials
The Innovation Co-Lab is a creativity incubator, focused on exploring how new and emerging technologies can fundamentally reshape the research, academic, and service missions of the university. Duke students of all backgrounds, interests, and skill-sets are encouraged to participate. For more information, visit https://colab.duke.edu/.
Duke Web Services provides the Duke community with web strategy, design, development and consulting services. The unit provides web design, web application and database services and front-end transitional development services, and maintains an array of toolsets for use by other web developers at Duke. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media Technologies provides Duke with media- and collaborative-technology consulting services and application development and integration services. For more information, contact email@example.com.
Software Licensing Services coordinates software licensing across Duke and enables staff, faculty and students to access software (including antivirus software) at greatly reduced rates by maintaining many of Duke's large-scale and campus-wide licenses. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
OIT Training provides technology training opportunities to support Duke students, staff and faculty. These include pre-scheduled, instructor-led training classes; monthly seminars; informal brown bag sessions; online training tutorials; and on-demand training for Duke-specific tools and services. For more information, contact email@example.com.